The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Librarians work hard....Really!

When I tell people what I do for a living I usually get two responses:

"Wow you must be really smart." Oh thank you, why yes I am, you do flatter me.

OR

"That sounds like such an easy job. It must be great to surf the net, read and talk to people all day. I bet you have so much fun at work." Why I oughtta......to the Moon!

What is with that mixed stereotype? (I'm not gonna touch the appearance angle) Seriously do people think we hang out all day? We work hard! I work hard. Most days I wonder where my time has gone. Perhaps they believe that we are only able to survive in dark quiet places surrounded by stacks of books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home