The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Copier Will Die

How come electronic equipment knows the precise wrong time to decide it will jam and/or break down? Is there some sort of secret messaging going on between the library equipment signaling to one another the prime moment to cause the most chaos?

I think that I have taken apart this blasted copier at least 10 times and the day has just begun. And of course this one happens to be the new copier and the patrons' favorite. Every person that has been having "problems" with the copier could have avoided this if they only hadn't jammed 60 pages of crinkled, hole punched pieces of paper in the feeder. Do people read directions anymore?

I'm bringing my sledge hammer tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home