The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Just ask, please

Please ask for help when you really need the help. I have to deal with this daily with our patrons and really don't want to have to be hit with it from coworkers. It's okay not to know everything, that's why there are several people working here at the library, it how organizations function successfully. You know, reasons why there are separate departments. Heck even I have to seek help when answering questions. It's not that terrible.

However when you go and tell someone something so WRONG and you are corrected please don't take it as an insult. Because it's not, really, it isn't. Seriously, I am much more clever with my insults than trying to find faults in my coworkers and exposing them to the patrons, see that is just lame. And it's way too easy. I just want to make sure that the patron is told the correct information so they won't come back and complain. It's called good customer service.

And why, after all these years, you have yet to learn that about me? Oh right, yes, because you know everything. My mistake.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home