The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Soda swiper

Alright. Who in the blazes is taking my sodas out of the fridge?! I put a Coke in the fridge on Monday so that maybe by Tuesday it'd be cold enough to drink along with my lunch. On Tuesday I go to get my clearly labeled Coke can and it's not there. I searched the whole fridge and given its small size there's not really anywhere it could be lost. I figure it to be just a mistake and that the person that accidentally took my Coke will feel bad and not do it again.

Oh freakin' no.

A week later I bring in another Coke and place it in the fridge to drink later. I forgot to drink it that day but the next day I went to grab that Coke and it was gone. Okay. I clearly labeled this Coke with a bright pink post-it (instead of the yellow as last time) with my name and it would be very difficult to not notice a bright pink post-it. That bright pink paper was not clear enough. I lost another Coke.

To test this fridge black hole I placed a Pepsi diet cherry soda in the fridge with my name on it clearly marked and waited for it to disappear. 1 day and it was gone. That's all it took.

I have gathered that whomever is taking my sodas has 1.) no regard for people's things 2.) no real bias to one soda brand or type considering my varied choices. 3.) no money to buy their own damn soda.

This is so damn frustrating. I do not drink soda often maybe once a week and usually it's the days I DO NOT have coffee in the morning. I have decided to give up soda and just drink coffee. But I'm still pissed about the jerko who has been taking my sodas.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home