The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Wiki or Wookiee which will suit your needs?

Both are for technology lovers. But I ask which is more effective for you?

I like the idea of having an editable database for setting up training or information sharing. Enhancing the system of communicating between staff and fellow librarians is something I entirely support. A Wiki certainly has a place in libraries and other work settings. I must venture into this new territory.

The StarWars databank on Wookiees defines them as:"intelligent, sophisticated, loyal and trusting. Loyalty and bravery are near-sacred tenets in Wookiee society. When peaceful, Wookiees are tender and gentle. Their tempers, however, are short; when angered, Wookiees can fly into a berserker rage and will not stop until the object of their distemper is sufficiently destroyed. "

Having a Wookiee on staff could be very useful. I could use the extra help moving large book trucks, keeping the abusive patrons in line and to assist with the shooing of late night studying students out of the library at closing time. I like the idea of having a trustworthy technology loving noisy beast around the library.

Maybe I should call my buddy Hans....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home