The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My BIG fat Greek bus ride

There is a Greek shuttle bus driver that occasionally I encounter. I noticed the first time I was his passenger that he was a tad bold in his driving style. Yet after today I am realizing that this guy is an aggressive driver. I find it very strange since he is rather friendly and otherwise nice. It must be the driving that sets him off. He cuts people off, has no problem honking his horn or shaking his fist at people. I love that he has a slight accent so that if I close my eyes it feels like I'm visiting another country. This driver likes to speed so you can either sway with the bus as it takes the corners or hold on tightly.

As I watched my fellow passengers I noticed that they were getting concerned with this guy. It was solidified once he cut off some slow left turning commuters by passing them on the right. He blazingly leaned on his horn as he passed a confused delivery truck, muttering about the truck's driver being an idiot. (Which I agree, why should anyone feel they can stop in the middle of the road as they search for an address by peering over the passenger side seat? During rush hour of all times.)

Now, I see that this guy is nuts when he drives, but you will NEVER be late getting to your destination. (In fact if I am running behind and get on his bus I most likely will make to work on time.) And he is good at maneuvering these large buses as if they were compact cars. I say drive on angry Greek driver-guy. Cut off all those local jerks and let them know that other countries have much more skilled aggressive drivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home