The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Book eating Monsters

I cannot explain what is happening to our collection. We are missing books daily. When I think of people taking books it makes me cranky. I am depressed. Just stab me again.

As I think of all those lost books feeling lonely missing their shelf-mates, I wonder what really happened to them. I shudder to think of their fates; Balancing a lopsided coffee table, a dog's chew toy, a dust collector under a bed. Oh sad day.

How terrible of a person are you if you feel you have to swipe a book from the library?

That's low.

I have decided that it is in my best interest to shelter my little self from this patrons-keep-taking-our-books depression. So from now on I will begin to believe in Book Eating Monsters. Ahhh. Serenity now, serenity now......

2 Comments:

Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Is the Bible the most stolen book at your library too? It is here.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Wild Librarian said...

If we actually had a Bible I'm sure its fate would be like your library's. Actually our patrons' favorite topics are biochemistry and orthopaedics.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home