The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Birds!

Today I thought I was hearing things and so did my co-workers, you know they do think I am odd, but this time I am not imagining things. On my morning rounds I heard chirping, it was rather loud yet it didn't seem to be coming from outdoors. As I approached the eastern corner of the building the chirping became louder.

I was amusing myself by listening to the birds chirp away as if chattering about their morning. So relaxing. It was then that reality summoned my brain, I thought 'argh, birds in the library, not good.' As I was thinking of how birds could get into the library, you expect them in supermarkets, home improvement places but libraries? Then it hit me. The hole in the roof.

Due to the gigantic hole in the roof we now have a new group of tenants. Which is perfect for the birds since it is much warmer in the library than outside. So long as they stay between the roof and ceiling all will be well.

I can't wait until they start flying around inside, now that will be exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home