The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

How not to save a file

This morning while assisting a patron with saving a file to her flash drive I had a moment of idiocy.

I sat next to the patron grabbed the mouse and set about trying to get that file saved. As I am explaining the process I notice that the arrow wouldn't move. At first I was thinking the computer froze. After a few seconds I realized that no, it's not frozen, something else was wrong. I was more aggressive moving the mouse this time maybe the little roller was jammed. It was then that I discovered the problem. I was using her cell phone.

Oh yes. I am that stupid. Luckily she found it amusing. I am surprised that she was still willing to allow me to show her how to save her file.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Ha! That is pretty embarrassing. Glad the patron didn't get irate or anything.

We all have our D'OH moments.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home