The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Book of the Week:Work would be great if it weren't for the people: making office politics work for you By: Ronna Lichtenberg with Gene Stone

Have you ever felt like you would love your job if it there wasn't Bossy Bertha or Smelly Dave working there too? If you say yes then you should read this book.

Office politics is a part of the working life. You cannot always avoid the conflict, even those of you hiding in that closet every time a Big Meany comes along. Jerks are everywhere, despite what people may say, even in the most cheerful of places there can be some dark moments had. Nothing like a bunch of un-related tense people to be around in stressful situations for 8+ hours to make your day go swell huh?

After reading this book I have realized that not everyone is capable of getting along with co-workers. Get over it. There will always be someone that you cannot stand for some reason. Because you are working with monkeys and jackasses it is good to know how to cope.

Reading this book may enlighten you to the ways of the office battle-dome. I have been able to notice more about myself and those around me that will make my day go better. At least I can use that as my armor to keep me safe/sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home