The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Book of the Week: Friday Night Chicas By: Mary Castillo, Berta Platas, Caridad Pineiro, Sofia Quintero

Warning this is chick-lit, if you are male or are females that do not favor this type of literature then pass on reading this, it's in your own best interest.

I picked this book up at the local library.....wait that sounds a little trashy.....I selected this book because I needed something fun to read. Something non-committal, quick and easy. (Oh this is way too fun.)

This book is a collection of four un-related short stories about four young women. The common factors being: Each story takes place on a Friday night in a major US city, about young hip professional latina women, and the stories have to do with dating/sex/relationships. That said if you still are reading this then you may want to read the book. Kind of Sex in the City-esuqe literature.

The different writing styles made for a good variety. I found the first three stories to be very interesting, racy, well written and fun. As Paris Hilton would say "That's hot." The last story was hard for me to complete. Perhaps it was the storyline, not as exciting, or just my lack of interest. It wasn't as "hot" as the others.

Quick and easy, baby. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home