The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Weird interview

We interviewed Giles today. I swear this gentleman was right out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, attire and accent to complete the look. Actually not really but he was a dead ringer for Anthony Stewart Head's character. How so very strange.

This interview is for a position in the cataloging department. As I watched his presentation I kept thinking any minute he would discuss the best ways to prevent demons from taking over our collection. And no he did not remove his glasses and clean them after every question, I waited for that too. He presented well and had great ideas for improving our library.

There are several more applicants to go and I'm not sure if he'll make the cut. Dang. I was hoping to learn the slayer arts......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home