The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Some Library Fun

Some years ago I came across this site. Intially I was searching for some general information on libraries to create a quiz-like game for my library's staff party. I wanted to provide a source of entertainment yet keep it relatively related to the profession. And it had to be fun.

When I located the Library Jeopardy site I was in heaven. It was absolutly perfect. Exactly what I was looking for in my game. It is a creative way to encourage MLS students and other library lovers to learn more about libraries. This website was created by MLS students at the Univeristy of Maryland.

Give it a try and see how well you do. It's fun and you can learn some trivia. Go on, play the game and then go impress your collegues with your new found library trivia knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home