The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Book of the Week: Pay It Forward by: Catherine Ryan Hyde

I have been meaning to read this book for the longest time. I knew the basic storyline before reading it so that took some of the mystery away. Still I liked it. I have seen parts of the movie, mostly by chance as I wander through the assortment of cable channels. I suppose the movie was good, considering that a screenplay must focus on the main points of the story and bypass some of the other lesser points. Yet I enjoyed the book more than the movie. I think this book is a very creative way to inspire people to change their world. Perhaps other people reading this story have taken a bit of the "pay it forward" idea and applied it to their daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home