The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Book of the Week: Angels and Demons By:Dan Brown

The first book with the character Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon. I read the Da Vinci Code last year, so I guess I am doing this backwards. But really the two are not related or considered a series.

Truthfully I was not impressed with this book. I was interested yet found it slow in parts and a tad too descriptive. I wanted the action not so much for the build up to the action. It took very little time to read and was very fun to imagine the lovely places he described. However I was displeased, more let down. I suppose I expected a little more and was hoping to feel more embedded in the action than I did.

After reading this and the Da Vinci Code I can see why Dan Brown has been on the Vatican's list of people to watch, if they had such a list. The topics are controversial and almost offensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home