The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Exercise

"Last time I checked Exercise is good for you people."

Lovely quote from an irate patron this morning. Her badge wasn't working to allow access to the front door. I didn't realize that she was wanting to come in and return her book. You know, most people knock when they want to enter and the door is locked. And I am even more impressed with myself since I didn't say anything back in return. Like 'The bookdrop was one foot from where you were standing. Why did you feel you the need to insult me and return your book?'

With a smile I thanked her for returning the book. And under my breath uttered 'and your bitterness'. So I wasn't entirely behaving. Does it count if the patron can't hear your remark?

Days like this make me glad I chose to work in a service profession instead of being a field biologist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home