The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Book of the Month: The Historian By: Elizabeth Kostova

I actually had to rename this book of the week entry. I was rather foolhardy to believe that I'd be able to read such a long novel as this within a week. It is a very large book, which I adore, but is too much to read in one week. And I'm glad I was able to make this one last nearly a month. I began strong, reading fast, but as you know life sure can come at you with some fun twists and turns. Hence the putting it off for days on end, which I will say is VERY hard to do with this book.

I was completely engrossed in this book. I was longing to read it numerous times during the day. I suggest that if you like history and are the least bit interested in Dracula that you pick this up and read it. I don't want to say much about it, why ruin such a great novel? I promise you will be hooked with this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home