The Wild Librarian

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians." --Gorilla Librarian sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus TV Show, Episode 10

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

A curious librarian seeking knowledge and adventure in an Univeristy Library setting.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Refunds?!

Can I have a refund?

The most commonly asked question this week. You see somehow people feel that due to their obvious inability to properly use a copier or printer (and take initiative to seek assistance prior to making copies) that we can pull out the big refund cash box and hand them money. There is no such thing as a refund in this library.

I am particularly frustrated today because a man asked for a refund for the $9.00 he spent making print outs of some documents. There were numerous blank pages embedded within this document and he felt that he should not pay for blank pages.

One hint: if you choose to print a web page please do not assume that what you see is what will print out.

Hint two: if you need help ask for it, librarians are there for a reason, my friend.

Hint three: do not act like a jerk when you ask for help and I show you how to properly set up your print job. I do not like to waste my time any more than you do, so if you don't want to pay for blank pages pay attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home